FENCING CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Welcome to MKFA Fencing Academy, which was founded in 2002, the first of its kind in the Middle East. It is the country’s premier academy for learning the Noble Olympic sport of Fencing, as well as developing existing fencing skills!
The Academy applies the innovative international coaching techniques of the Bulgarian Fencing system mixed with the Italian, French, Hungarian, and Russian systems. The MKFA technique is unique and influenced by the world-leading fencing master schools that are used in the coaching of Olympic and World Champions in the various fencing swords.
Originally called Dubai Fencing Club, it changed its name in 2008 to MKFA Fencing Academy to reflect the fact that it operates throughout the UAE, the Middle East, and Europe.
The Academy’s primary goal is to promote modern fencing as an interesting and fun sport for everyone, to be the central source of fencing, and to provide people with the chance to participate in fencing in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, the whole UAE, and the Middle East. The MKFA coaching schedule includes junior fencing programmes (ages 7 and above), recreational fencing programmes, and competitive National and international-level fencing programmes in Epee that are personalised to the individual goals of the fencers.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about fencing and our academy’s activities.
You may join us to learn and enjoy fencing in the city where you live. For detailed fencing programmes and training schedules please press on the city:
MKFA Fencing Academy, UAE
“Where the Champions are born”
For beginner fencers from 7 years old to Olympic-level fencers, recreational or competitive, our programmes are tailored to your needs! The training sessions are conducted by professional and very well-educated Master coaches. The training sessions are flexible and focused on the individual goals of the fencers. The duration is between 30 minutes (for the “one-on-one” private fencing sessions) to 90 minutes (group sessions); it depends on the age, the level, and the stage of preparation. The sessions include specific fencing drills such as movements, techniques, tactics, and match play.
If you have any questions, contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To promote the Olympic sport of fencing amongst all people in the United Arab Emirates and in the region and make it a sustainable and viable prospect for all citizens regardless of age, gender, culture, and educational background.
- To incorporate a special focus in all programmes and activities on youth inclusion and empowerment through sport.
- To foster the youth’s potential and talents by encouraging the development of both recreational and competitive UAE national and expatriate fencers of all levels, from beginners to Olympic players.
- To develop and enhance athletes’ physical prowess and well-being as well as social competencies such as working as part of a team, solidarity, tolerance, and fair play.
- To provide the highest level of facility and equipment and maintain an outstanding safety environment.
- To nurture a strong sense of community and enjoyment of the sport of fencing.